Screenreader service all the time inactive Xiaomi

Im running Pleco 3.2.22 en a few mins before 3.2.2.1 and they both had the same problem.

When i make the screenreader serverice active, it opens de Xiaomi services tab and then i press Pleco Screen Reader and then move the switch to turn it on, so far so good.

The problem is when i open Boom Beach (i thought with more programs but it seems only Boom Beach, this is a game like Clash of Clans) the screen reader buttons disappears and then the service is inactive again. Before it would work but after an update from Boom Beach or Pleco it started this behavior.

Im not sure which Pleco version i was running when it worked. The game had an big update not long ago so maybe thats the sources of the problem.

Andriod 4.3 JLS36C
Miui 50

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Two possibilities come to mind here:

1) Boom Beach is using so much RAM that Android is killing every background service it can to free some up, including ours.

2) Boom Beach is configured to block overlay views somehow (e.g. to prevent people from cheating using bots).

If you exit Boom Beach, do the buttons come back or do they stay hidden? (that will strongly hint at one or the other explanation) And which model of Xiaomi phone are you using?

Its a Xiaomi Hongmi 1S .

Its seems now its not only in Boom Beach, so most likely its a RAM issue then. Its strange because before i didnt have it, i do some more research maybe some other app is eating my RAM.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
What other apps does it happen in? You can check the system Settings app to find out which apps are using the most memory.