Any New Pleco Updates?

lmcjipo

榜眼
Why break something that isn't already broken? :)

My personal philosophy is that bugs should be fixed immediately and improvements can generally wait (although not too long). I haven't seen any major bugs reported in this forum and what I thought were bugs were not bugs but were features that could not be incorporated into the current PlecoDict due what Mike mentioned to me as being database/PalmOS incompatibilities.

This leads me to a question. When PlecoDict 2.0 eventually comes out (on beta) would it be possible to run both the older/current version of PlecoDict (which as the date of this posting is v1.0.3) and the beta/trial version of PlecoDict 2.0 to see if we want to update?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No updates on the immediate horizon, the beta of 1.0.4 will probably come out at about the same time as 2.0pr1 (the first preview release of 2.0), and at the moment I'm making absolutely no promises whatsoever about when the latter might be available.

But in regards to lmcjipo's question, we do indeed plan to make it possible to run 1.0.x and 2.0 on the same system without having them interfere with each other - we did this same thing with Oxford Dict 2.x and PlecoDict 1.0 and it generated a lot more useful bug reports / feedback than we would have gotten if we'd forced people to give up the old software to get access to the new.