衫 not recognized in Handwriting add on

Shun

状元
Hi,

it worked here right away. Perhaps you have to experiment with these settings in Handwriting Input:

2A083E17-9998-4789-958E-038C2B18692E.png

Edit: Sorry, that was 衬衫的衫, which of course forms part of the basic character set.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply. I realize that it works if the three strokes to the right are made downwards to the left (the correct way). If they are made upwards to the right then it doesn't seem to recognize it.

Shun

状元
You’re welcome. Indeed, direction is one of the cues the handwriting recognition uses. While it does care about stroke direction, it seems to be very tolerant about stroke order.

pdwalker

状元
From what I've seen, the recognizer cares a lot about the direction, but almost doesn't care at all about the stroke order.

In fact, I can enter in the strokes in almost any order and the recognizer will offer up the right character just about every time - within the first few suggested characters usually.

It's good training if you do both the direction and order correctly, in case you ever use a more limited system.

Shun

状元
Yeah, absolutely, always use the right stroke order, also for writing on paper.

When writing on paper, never use the whole four squares, write more in the middle with a slight upward slant. It looks much prettier. :)

Last edited: