2.0.4 (release) ZYSong font changes

Mike:

Yesterday I updated to 2.0.4. I hadn't beta'd any of the intermediate releases. However, while doing my flash cards I was taken aback by a sudden change to my card for the word 描述. The 述 changed to contain 朮 as its internal shu intead of 术. I think that change is incorrect, as 朮 is an arcane way to write 术 inside 述. I'm not sure why the font is this way unless someone wants to bring back old style writing, but for now, it makes this font a poor example for students.

Luckily, copying the earlier font back to the directory fixed this, but I assume I'm losing other improvements.
Rob

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Copying the earlier font is all you need to do - we dropped our very very expensive license for ZYSong and switched to a free open-source font (which we gave the same name to avoid having to update the app / having a situation where people mixed up data files between versions and couldn't access their Chinese font) because we wanted to redirect the money towards some other licenses. Which we're now doing, and the fruits of that should hopefully start to show up later this summer.

For now, though, if you just restore the old font it should work fine, you don't lose out on any features by using that instead of the new one.