Pretty much just bug fixes, but doing a beta since there are rather a lot of them and a new SDK. Up now on Play beta channel.
- Updated to the latest SDK for Android P, and fixed - we hope - the various new bugs / permissions / etc brought out by that.
- Made drilldowns from the CHARS tab consolidate all character entries for the same pinyin on the same definition screen (even if the opposite character set or variants differ).
- Dramatically (3-4x) improved the speed of custom character/image rendering, which should help make Outlier in particular less laggy on scroll on some devices on which it had previously been laggy.
- Fixed a bug that made the keyboard open after selecting text in the search box while in handwriting input on some very new versions of Android.
- Made Pleco use a phone rather than a tablet interface by default when opened in split-screen mode on a tablet; you can restore the previous behavior via a new option in Settings / Search Interface.
- Started automatically converting pinyin marks to pinyin tone numbers when pasting / share'ing text into the search field.
- Added an option in Settings / Audio to totally hide the headword audio buttons if you don't want them (as our built-in audio files can't be deleted to let you get rid of it that way).
- Added the correct locale code for Cantonese when using Samsung TTS (they use zh_HK - as does Apple - while only Google opts to treat it as its own language with yue_HK), so that Cantonese audio should play correctly now on those if you're using a Samsung device without Google's TTS engine installed.
- Fixed a bug that could keep TTS icons from appearing when only Cantonese and no Mandarin TTSes were installed
- Improved the reliability of state saving in the browse entries view.
- Fixed a bug that kept superscripts from being correctly stripped out of headwords when the Oxford dictionary is configured as your first C-E dictionary.
- Fixed stretched/distorted display in OCR on a few devices.
- Fixed mis-positioned Screen OCR images on Android 9 devices with the keyboard open.
- Restored OCR text anti-aliasing on low-resolution devices.
- Fixed a bug that made the floating button reappear (even if it was configured to be hidden) after running Screen OCR.
- Restored the option to hide the reader icon in the Screen Reader/OCR floating button.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes made the e-book reader jump to an entirely different chapter if swiped right from the edge.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause the e-book reader to look up the wrong characters on tap after rotating the screen.
- Added an option in Settings / Reader to hide the chapter swipe bar (somewhat redundant anyway when you can also navigate chapters through the bookmarks table-of-contents screen).
- Made the e-book reader update immediately on a simplified/traditional switch (rather than requiring you to reload the document).
- Fixed a bug that could cause a blank extra "PY" when displaying entries with Ruby Zhuyin and with Pinyin + Zhuyin display enabled.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to select characters immediately following links in the e-book reader.
- Alphabetized the order of book names in the e-book reader open menu to make them a bit easier to navigate in preparation for upcoming e-book releases.