320x480 on Tungsten T3

thomashb

秀才
Hello,

I "upgraded" my previous Palm OS device to a Tungsten T3. The problem is: I can not hide the Graffiti area to use the full resolution of 320x480 once PlecoDict is started, I can only use 320x320. I have already seen PlecoDict supports that resolution.

Is there a special setting that I overlooked? How can I use 320x480 with PleciDict?

Regards

Thomas

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Palm accidentally released the T3 without the necessary system files to enable 320x480 support. The automated Pleco installer installs those missing files for you if it detects that you're using a T3, but if you installed the software manually or the files were reinstalled from a backup from your old device then you wouldn't have gotten them - we don't install them on other devices or include them in the manual installation since on other Palms they can cause severe crashes that are only fixable with a hard reset.

Anyway, you can download a .zip archive of the missing files from here - install the two files inside of this .zip archive to your T3 and soft reset it and that should let you used the stretched screen.

thomashb

秀才
Thank you very much for the fast reply. Those two files solved the problem and I am an even happier PlecoDict user now.

I am looking forward to the release of PlecoDict 2 and can hardly wait to use the new features... ;-)