Adding custom flashcards via OCR

Th41

举人
Hello,

I've just purchased the basic bundle a few hours ago - and so far I am happy with my purchase.

I like to use the OCR of Pleco to add flashcards, but there is one confusing aspect about it for me about adding custom flashcards.
Why does the OCR, when using recognized characters to add a new custom flashcard, copy the recognized characters in both, the simplified and traditional character field? The OCR is currently capable of recognizing both types of Chinese characters, right? So couldn't it just convert simplified characters into traditional characters and vice versa and put them into their respective fields? The way it is now, it would be more elegant to not have Pleco copy it into both fields and just one of them.
Another function that would be really useful is having Pleco suggest the Pinyin for a custom flashcard. In Chinese characters are read the same way in most cases, so this would surely be a benefit to many users, as it saves a lot of time. For the cases where a character is read different, the user could just manually adjust the suggested Pinyin.

I hope there is not already a thread about this. I would love to see these functions included, as it would make adding flashcards even easier.

Please keep up the good work!
Th41

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Update to the new 3.2 beta version (see post in this forum) and that fixes this. It was a matter of waiting for our support for converting between those systems to improve - it's still not perfect (actually quite a tricky thing to get right) but it's at least good enough now that it ought to be usable.

Th41

举人
This is great! Thank you for your help, mikelove. Seems like I decided to purchase the bundle at just the right time!