Adjusting search-hx char. size

stisev

进士
I noticed that Pleco 2.0 comes with a scroll-down box for history of entries. However, I cannot find a way to reduce the size of the entries. Is this at all possible?

If so, where is the option (I looked everywhere; none of the prefs helps)
If not, can it be implemented?

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No option for that yet. It would be easy to implement, but I'm not sure what the benefit would be - the searches only take up a tiny bit of memory, so is there some other disadvantage to having that many of them?

For years we had people asking for an option to clear the list of recent searches, and even though nobody would ever explain why, we eventually implemented it anyway (my sneaking suspicion is that people were looking up how to say things in Chinese that they were slightly embarrassed about), but now that that option's there I'm not sure what other benefit there might be to making the list shorter.

stisev

进士
No option for that yet. It would be easy to implement, but I'm not sure what the benefit would be - the searches only take up a tiny bit of memory, so is there some other disadvantage to having that many of them?

For years we had people asking for an option to clear the list of recent searches, and even though nobody would ever explain why, we eventually implemented it anyway (my sneaking suspicion is that people were looking up how to say things in Chinese that they were slightly embarrassed about), but now that that option's there I'm not sure what other benefit there might be to making the list shorter.

Hi Mike,

I think you misunderstand. I'm not looking to limit the # of results. I'm asking if there's a way to reduce the *FONT CHARACTER SIZE* of the OLD search history results when clicking the search history scrolldown box. The letters themselves are huge and on my PDA screen real estate is at a premium, so I'm not able to scroll down very far with these huge characters in the dropdown list.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, that explains it. Not an option at the moment, though I suppose it'd be possible to add one - we really need a "tweaks" section of preferences for stuff like this.