Ajax loaded content in the document reader.

kenianbei

秀才
Hi Mike and all. I've been happily using Pleco on an iPad for a couple years now, and I'm very happy with it. I recently built a website to aid my own study/work in translating Buddhist sutras into English as well as posting translations of many different works and genres; all in the public domain. It's just gone live recently and I discovered that Pleco won't let me use the live reader on Ajax generated content. Basically I have certain pages where I can load multiple translations on a page and edit them using Ajax without a page reload.

My question is this: Is there any techniques or information about how Pleco processes a page that would help me design the site to allow Pleco to be able to use the live popup dictionary feature on a page with dynamic content?

if you want the link to the site pls ask, since I'm not sure about your policy on posting links to personal websites here.

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
kenianbei said:
My question is this: Is there any techniques or information about how Pleco processes a page that would help me design the site to allow Pleco to be able to use the live popup dictionary feature on a page with dynamic content?

No design document, but the main thing you'd want to do is make sure that the dynamic content has a text/html MIME type - that way Pleco knows it can safely process it without screwing it up. (can't be as certain with text/plain, so we ignore that) As long as the content coming back from your HTTP request is text/html, Pleco should intercept it and process it for the web reader.