Amazon Android Version working on Blackberry Passport?

Peter Fu

has anyone tried installing the Amazon/Android version on Blackberry's
new Passport device as yet? Wondering if the wide screen would be compatible,
other than this it should be working?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Using Pleco on BlackBerry is completely and utterly not supported - i.e., if it doesn't work we won't help you to get it working, and if it does work we can't promise it will continue working in the future and will not undertake to fix it if it stops working.

(frankly, we're extremely ticked off at BlackBerry + Amazon for offering our apps on BBOS without our explicit opt-in)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No problem! Sorry for the militant tone of my response but I'm getting pretty tired of having massive new compatibility requirements imposed on us by giant tech companies scheming against each other.

Peter Fu

this is not the right thread, but could I get your advice which apple device
you'd currently recommend most. I'm using your software on my son's old
3gs iphone and will have to upgrade to ipad/mini ipad or iphone soon. Mainly
for the sake of getting the most out of Pleco, which one would you say I should
look at?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's tough to say - we certainly do make use of the extra space on the iPad (for example, to display the list of search results + the definition screen at the same time), but it's also a lot less portable / convenient than an iPhone. I'd say it really ought to come down to where / how you envision using Pleco - get the iPhone if you need the portability, get the iPad if you don't.

If you do go for iPad, the Air versus Mini question is something I'd suggest you investigate in an Apple Store - some people find the Mini cramped and the Air comfortable, others find the Air too big / awkward and the Mini just right.

adamlau

探花
For the sake of posterity and nothing more, Pleco 3.2.57 looks great on the Passport running 10.3.3...

IMG_20180115_164914.png

IMG_20180115_165142.png

IMG_20180115_165344.png

IMG_20180115_165117.png

IMG_20180115_165406.png

IMG_20180115_165235.png

Last edited: