Android N developer preview

I know it has only just been released, but I couldn't wait to install Android N onto my Pixel C and it is rather glorious (especially split screen).

Most apps will run, but show a warning when you switch to split screen mode that it may not work.

Some apps (especially chinese ones) won't even open, but the only one I can't live without is Pleco.

Are there any plans to release a beta that will allow Pleco to at least open in this preview? It can be as buggy as hell, with most features disabled, I don't mind, but at least get it to open? Please?

Any thoughts/suggestions/indications are much appreciated! :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Just released an (official, non-beta) update today that fixes this, check the Play "Updates" tab. (we ordered a Pixel C for testing the day Android N debuted, just took a few days for it to arrive) If you're using the direct Pleco website version, type pleco.com/getandroid in your web browser to update that.

Ironically, the villain here was actually Samsung's split-screen support library, which crashed instantly when we ran its startup check to see if we were on a device with Samsung split-screen support - not sure if Samsung would consider that a bug or a feature :)

Just released an (official, non-beta) update today that fixes this, check the Play "Updates" tab. (we ordered a Pixel C for testing the day Android N debuted, just took a few days for it to arrive) If you're using the direct Pleco website version, type pleco.com/getandroid in your web browser to update that.

Ironically, the villain here was actually Samsung's split-screen support library, which crashed instantly when we ran its startup check to see if we were on a device with Samsung split-screen support - not sure if Samsung would consider that a bug or a feature :)

Hi Mike
That is awesome! Thanks for being so proactive and fixing this so quickly.
This company has to be the most responsive and customer focused one on the planet!
真是太给力了!