Anki Flashcards - can't get rid of default tags

caesartg

榜眼
Hi Mike - a more serious problem - when I add a flashcard, Pleco now adds lots of default tags to my existing note. They are listed as default tags in Pleco's flashcard section and the Pleco user interface won't let me get rid of them. I'm pulling my hair out and wondering if I need to uninstall Pleco or Anki (and end up redownloading 25GB worth of program data - we're talking a day or more on my crappy internet). Exam in a few days and I'm so sad to have spent the whole day fiddling with this. Any thoughts on whether I'm just not understanding something or whether it is a bug?

Cheers

Ben

caesartg

榜眼
The problem seems to be that I can't get rid of default tags. How do I edit these? When I click on the "Default tags" in "Settings"->Flashcards->Tags section", it just shows me a single checkbox with nothing beside it. Now every card I try to add gets lots of unwanted tags added to it. I've tried all sorts of things to see if I can get it to reset this through Anki and Pleco. It looks like the issue is on the Pleco side.

Here is a vid that hopefully shows you what I'm talking about - https://photos.app.goo.gl/BXr9i1e3E1rucMKe7

Cheers

Ben

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
@caesartg - Sorry, hadn't looked at your video carefully enough.

Does it help if you go back into "available tags" and add back the ones that are in "default tags" but not in "available tags"?

caesartg

榜眼
Thanks Mike! That allowed me to get rid of those tags and it looks like the Ankidroid connector will be a big help for adding vocab quickly to my Anki. All the best! Ben