Autoplay word when selected using OCR?

Dragon

秀才
This feature would be very useful for many learners who want to practice listening as well when reading using OCR so that we don't have to press the play/play all button each time we move to the next word/sentences when reading long sentence. We want to see the meaning as well as hear it with just one press. Would be very good if there's an option to activate this.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Why not just send your OCR output to the reader and then use the regular reader auto-play audio feature?

Dragon

秀才
Why not just send your OCR output to the reader and then use the regular reader auto-play audio feature?

Because I'm reading manhua most of the time and each dialogue is not long enough to consider the hassle of putting it there for reading. Also, the goal is to hear the words we look at the meanings of using the OCR automatically when switching between words.

Also, I found an issue where 冲 can never be recognized by the ocr after spending so much time reading Manhua with it. I tried changing the settings like turning on snd off the New OCR feature but no dice. I'm using Galaxy Fold 3

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211215-045142_Tachiyomi.jpg
    Screenshot_20211215-045142_Tachiyomi.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 174

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Makes sense. We are working on integrating OCR with the regular old Reader so this should get better in time.

冲 - does it help if you scan this at lower resolution?

Dragon

秀才
Makes sense. We are working on integrating OCR with the regular old Reader so this should get better in time.

冲 - does it help if you scan this at lower resolution?

Looking forward to it!

I tried making the image small but it doesn't help. Lowering the quality does though. Somehow, making it a bit grainy helps.

For text with borders, it's just impossible to detect them apparently.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211215-052305_Tachiyomi.jpg
    Screenshot_20211215-052305_Tachiyomi.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 148
Last edited: