Basic question - getting HSK Level 5 vocab list

robprobyn

Hello - I've just bought Pleco, mostly for the flashcard feature, and it looks great. However, I want to upload the HSK Level 5 vocab list (only). The list that Pleco has compiled that can be downloaded straight from the web looks to include vocab from all 6 (new) HSK levels. Lingomi do a Level 5 list in Excel, but I can't work out how to get this on to Pleco for flashcard testing. Any assistance gratefully received. Thanks Rob

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
robprobyn said:
Hello - I've just bought Pleco, mostly for the flashcard feature, and it looks great. However, I want to upload the HSK Level 5 vocab list (only). The list that Pleco has compiled that can be downloaded straight from the web looks to include vocab from all 6 (new) HSK levels. Lingomi do a Level 5 list in Excel, but I can't work out how to get this on to Pleco for flashcard testing. Any assistance gratefully received. Thanks Rob

In Pleco, you can select whichever of those lists you want to test on - import the whole thing, then in the main "Flashcard Testing" configuration screen, tap on "Card Categories" and make sure that only Level 5 is selected.

robprobyn

Great, thanks - now having a lot of fun with this vocab list. But one further query - I'd like to set up a separate vocab list that just has the most frequently used 2000/2500 or so (single) characters in it. I'm having trouble locating a list that I can import into Pleco. Would you be able to recommend one? Thanks again. Rob

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
robprobyn said:
Great, thanks - now having a lot of fun with this vocab list. But one further query - I'd like to set up a separate vocab list that just has the most frequently used 2000/2500 or so (single) characters in it. I'm having trouble locating a list that I can import into Pleco. Would you be able to recommend one? Thanks again. Rob

There are several in our Flashcard Exchange forum, actually.