Bible text for Pelco

Ye Kaiwen

秀才
It looks like this topic has not been touched upon lately...

I have a KindleFire and LOVE the Pleco software on it. Never had a problem with it and am learning new features all the time.

But, I want to put a Bible within Pleco so that I have access to it. Where do I find compatible text files? That has been a big problem for me.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Here you go - public-domain Chinese Union Version in traditional and simplified characters.

Attachments

• cuv-utf8-simplified.txt.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 595
  • cuv-utf8-traditional.txt.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 651

scykei

榜眼
Sorry for bump, but would it be possible to integrate certain features from a bible app such as categorizing the chapters and finding verses? :3 There isn't even a search function yet so having to scroll through the entire text to find anything is harsh.

It's definitely not your priority right now but maybe you could have plans to support tasks like this in the far future? :p

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
scykei said:
Sorry for bump, but would it be possible to integrate certain features from a bible app such as categorizing the chapters and finding verses? :3 There isn't even a search function yet so having to scroll through the entire text to find anything is harsh.

Chapter selection should come when we add EPUB support, and a search function is something that's been on our to-do list for years but we're hoping to finally get it added sometime in 2012.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
scykei said:
Cool! Will you be providing this text in epub too?

It's a widely available public-domain document so I don't think we'll need to - if you Google the "Chinese Union Version" you can probably already find one.

You could produce your own epub or other formats with Calibre (freeware). Better to start with an HTML version rather than the plain text version for that, however.

So, Kindle Fire supports Unicode, mixing Chinese and English?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
stephanhodges said:
So, Kindle Fire supports Unicode, mixing Chinese and English?

Yes, all Android devices support Unicode, it's just a question of whether or not they include fonts with the necessary characters. Most do, and you can install a custom font in Pleco on the few that don't. (though this isn't yet working in the search field, it will in 2.3.8)