Bluestacks, China, Transfers, Etc.

So first off I'm not an *andorid* guy as such & as far as Pleco is concerned I'm a PDA turned iProduct fan but I've been playing with Pleco+Bluestacks on my Mac and it's pretty awesome...

I downloaded Pleco through Bluestacks and being in China the only option was the "CN Pleco Chinese Dictionary" and I would like to be able to load the rest of my dictionaries, add-ons and whatnot that I've purchased before but it seems to be a big tricky...

FAQ said:
I moved to China and now I can’t make / can’t restore purchases in your Android software

To buy our Android software in China, visit the Pleco Store. To restore an in-app purchase that you made outside of China while you’re in China, contact support@pleco.com - unfortunately, there’s no good way for us to support doing that automatically, but if you contact us we can easily look up your order and provide you with an alternate activation code.

Could I restore everything I've purchased before to use in Bluestacks!? That would clear up the whole "desktop" version thing... :D
I'm having a look at the migration details on my accounts page - but I just didn't want to jeopardize anything on my iAccount as regards to usability to future additions whatnot

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can also download the APK directly - pleco.com/getandroid.

You'd only lose iOS stuff if you bought originally on Palm or Windows Mobile (in which case you're limited to one device at a time) - anything purchased originally on iOS will continue working just fine after activating on Android.

You can also download the APK directly - pleco.com/getandroid.

You'd only lose iOS stuff if you bought originally on Palm or Windows Mobile (in which case you're limited to one device at a time) - anything purchased originally on iOS will continue working just fine after activating on Android.

transfer license agreement said:
I affirm that I am requesting this transfer for my personal use only, and that I have deleted / uninstalled all copies of Pleco previously unlocked for this license on other platforms / handhelds. I acknowledge that this Pleco license is valid for use on only one device at a time, and that after transferring it to the Android version of Pleco I am no longer permitted to continue using this license on Palm or Windows Mobile.

Will I loose my iOS license? If I get a new phone or tablet will I still be able to use my iOS license later?!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Will I loose my iOS license? If I get a new phone or tablet will I still be able to use my iOS license later?!

In that case yes - you're only licensed to use that old Palm/WM copy on one device, so if you transfer it to Android you'll no longer be able to use it on iOS.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
sooooo is there a way to transfer only the stuff I bought from iOS?!

*so confused*

Sorry - took quite a lot of effort to get Palm/WM to iOS transfers working at all but they're certainly less polished than would be ideal.

Anyway, yes, we can do this, but since it's a rather uncommon request we'll have to do it manually - send me an email with your account details.