Bug? Example flashcards and tap-hold

caesartg

榜眼
Hi Mike

I have + buttons for examples on, but when I tap hold and select the category, it adds the headword entry to my flashcards, rather than adding an existing example FC or creating a new one with that category. If I tap-release rather than tap-hold, I get the expected behaviour. To get the example FC into the desired category therefore is not straightforward. It doesn't make sense to me why the tap-hold of the example + would result in the headword being acted upon, so I think this is a bug/unintended behaviour.

Cheers

Ben

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Turn off 'multi-level cat prompt' and that should fix this. (with that option on it is indeed a bug but it's proven slightly hairy to fix so we haven't managed do so yet)

Alternatively, you can add with a + button tap, then tap again and edit the category selection in the card info screen.

caesartg

榜眼
Thanks Mike! - I generally need the 'multi level cat prompt' but now that I know about this behaviour, I can switch it off when I need to create lots of sentence flashcards and then back on otherwise and that should be a good workaround.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yeah, we'll fix it eventually one way or another, just a case where you pull a little thread and then 8 other random things have to change :)