Bundle Request

I feel like a jackass for even asking, because I love Pleco and want to support it and I really should just buy individually to further that goal, but I figure better to ask than not. If for no other reason than that walking into jade shops all over kunming and indignantly proclaiming 太贵了! without the vaguest idea what jade should cost yielded such prompt discounts.

I'm ready to buy guifan today even though I've already begun a migration path towards Android (I'll start dual booting this summer) as I've decided to hang on to Pleco even if I have to hold on to my TP2 as a standalone Pleco device for years and years to come (though if the time comes, I'm happy to put down cash for the Android version of the software -- no free upgrade expected) but I'd also like to get a good C-E (ABC CE looks nice enough) dictionary, and if it were bundled, I'd be compelled to go ahead and tack on stroke order + audio too, because I'm a sucker for a bargain. I have two suggestions.

Suggestion #1. I don't know what licensing issues you might have with bundling, or what other limitations you might have when discounting towards a bundle, but it seemed worth suggesting: Why not do some discount bundling based on final price? If someone is willing to purchase $100 worth, they get $x off, and $200, they get $2x off (or whatever, maybe a tiered system like cafeterias where you choose x entrees, y sides and z deserts), rather than building specific bundles. It would allow people to pick and choose according to their particular quirks.

Suggestion #2 is a guifan + ABC CE dictionary bundle. The ABC CE is the same amount unbundled as the 21st EC that is now bundled with guifan. This solution is more specific to my particular needs, so I'm loathe to bring it up, but who knows, maybe you'll like the idea.

If it can't be done, no problem, I'll just get the guifan now and maybe complement it down the line.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks for the note. I've been going back and forth about what to do with WM pricing going forward, actually; it's clear we need to lessen the gap between that and iPhone, and it may turn out that the best bet is simply to charge less for each individual item. Add-on dictionaries on WM cost about 50% more than on iPhone in spite of the fact that we have to pay hefty commissions to Apple on the latter, but at the same time, if we lower prices on WM too much it's going to make it tough to continue supporting WM at all (not likely to come anywhere close to making up the lost per-copy profits with extra sales).

As far as your specific situation, though, I don't like to put specific offers in the forums for fear of having to match them for anyone else who comes along, but email or PM me and I'm sure we can work out a better price than what it costs to buy GF + ABC individually.