Can't change flashcard text font size ?

dustpuppy

榜眼
I'm using Pleco 2.3.7 on my Samsung galaxy tab 8.9, It seems that no matter what I set the sizes to in "Card text -> Headword size" and "Card text -> Definition size", the text is always small and in the upper left hand corner ?

Is it possible to increase the size of the english definition and center it on the screen ?

Let me know if you need more information, thanks.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
dustpuppy said:
I'm using Pleco 2.3.7 on my Samsung galaxy tab 8.9, It seems that no matter what I set the sizes to in "Card text -> Headword size" and "Card text -> Definition size", the text is always small and in the upper left hand corner ?

That setting is currently bugged - should be fixed in 2.3.8. (we would have fixed it sooner, but in 2+ months you're actually the first person to mention it)

dustpuppy

榜眼
Thank you, that would be greatly appreciated! Could you include an option to center the text in the flashcard text box? When can we expect this 2.3.8 release?
Thanks

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
dustpuppy said:
Thank you, that would be greatly appreciated! Could you include an option to center the text in the flashcard text box? When can we expect this 2.3.8 release?
Thanks

Centering text in the box would be a lot more work since that's not a text layout feature we currently support - certainly doable, but since you're literally the first person in 10 years to suggest it I think we'd need more requests before we could consider adding it. Honestly, while it's great for simple 2-word flashcards, I'm not sure how well it works with full dictionary definitions like ours.

2.3.8 should be out in beta this week or early next week - whole lot of changes which are going to require some testing.

dustpuppy

榜眼
never mind the centering then. i have a lot of flashcards that are pinyin sentences only, maybe i'm a special case.