cards for Classical Chinese Medical Texts

windstone

These cards are in XML format, and they include the definitions given in the book. Since this is a classical Chinese book focusing on Chinese medicine texts, this is a good one to add for extra vocab for your user dictionary. For those of you who just can't wait until the Wiseman dictionary is ready, start here!

You can download either the cards in category by chapter or the entire list in one category.

http://windstonepress.com/freestuff

Let me know if you have any problems using them, or if you think there might be a better format to present the cards.

windstone

Hi Mike,

Any idea when the Wiseman and Feng Chinese medicine dictionary is going to be ready? Dr. Goodman wrote a blog post about it on his blog, and we are getting a lot of inquiries about it recently. I sent them your way, but I'm curious if you have any update. Whenever it's ready, we will be sure to let people know. Thanks,

Michael

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not until after the iPhone version is out, unfortunately (or at least finished and submitted to Apple) - we took a stab at the conversion a few months ago but it proved extremely tricky, so ultimately we decided we couldn't afford to spend any more time on it until post-iPhone.

sfrrr

状元
Mike--now that the iphone version is out, is there any chance of finishing the conversion of the Chinese medical dictionaries?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
After flashcards - it's become clear from the feedback we've gotten that a plurality of our customers won't consider the iPhone verison "done" until it includes those :)

sfrrr

状元
Whatever happened to "age before beauty"? :? (I don't mean my age vs iPhone users' beauty, but, rather, winmo's wise old age before iPhone's shallow beauty.) Sigh.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
WM's about to get an update with a bunch of improvements, including a user dictionary system that finally searches nice and fast (though at the expense of taking longer to import lists of new entries, possibly compelling us to release a faster desktop converter). Improvements on the UI side are probably going to have to wait until Microsoft releases some actual information about WM7 development / user interfaces / etc, since we'd rather not have to redesign our UI on Windows Mobile twice in such a short span.

sfrrr

状元
Dong3le. I can't wait for the upcoming upgrade.

My husband asked me last week what I'd do if I lost or trashed my iPAQ or FUZE (don't use Pleco on FUZE--can't stand small screen). Since I use PlecoDict many, many times a day, I told him I'd buy another one and get next day delivery.