Changing handheld - able to retrieve flashcards/settings?

DrStamen

秀才
Hi,

I recently sat on my Ubiquio WM phone for an extended period of time. This rendered the screen unusable, and meant I could not back up my most recent flashcards/settings/scores/dictionary entries etc. Having now purchased a new device, is there any way I can retrieve the flashcards etc for use in my new installation of pleco? The pleco datafiles that I used on my old device are still present on the SD card, although when I plug this card into my "new" Treo 750v they do not appear.

I do have "proper" backup files from a month or so back, but would really like to retrieve the post-backup flashcards, user-defined dictionary entries, categories, scorefiles etc for my new install if at all possible. What would be ideal would be to get this virgin install of pleco to "point" at the datafiles that the Pleco on my previous device saved on the SD card.

Many thanks in advance for any help (and apologies if this has been answered before - I tried searching the forum, but turned up nothing).

Cheers,

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The flashcards are actually stored in the device's internal memory, not on the SD card - did you specifically back them up to the card, or have you just left all of your data files in their default locations?

DrStamen

秀才
Thanks for the quick response, Mike.

I have the backups I made a month or so ago on my laptop....however, if I wish to salvage the flashcards/data created since then, is it enough to simply use activesync to explore the files on my old device, and copy them across to the new one via my laptop? I can't do the usual backup process due to the broken screen on my old device).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, that should work fine actually - they'd be in the My Documents folder (first folder that comes up when you open your device on XP, or on Windows Vista/7 you go into your device's icon in My Computer, then \, then My Documents).