Character writing

S-Michael

I just bought an iPhone almost exclusively to use Pleco after seeing some of my coursemates with it, but I'm afraid my ineptitude with smartphones is preventing me from using one of its most basic features. Embarrassingly, I can't seem to find how to write characters! I've used Pleco before with my friend's phones, but I can only assume they changed their settings to have writing characters more easily accessible. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
S-Michael said:
I just bought an iPhone almost exclusively to use Pleco after seeing some of my coursemates with it, but I'm afraid my ineptitude with smartphones is preventing me from using one of its most basic features. Embarrassingly, I can't seem to find how to write characters! I've used Pleco before with my friend's phones, but I can only assume they changed their settings to have writing characters more easily accessible. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

They're most likely using our "Fullscreen Handwriting Recognizer" add-on, which you can buy through the "Add-ons" tab. (tap on the menu button at the bottom right corner of the screen while in Pleco, then tap "Add-ons")