China Market Version

mumo

Hey, FYI just tested it using China Unicom 3G. It's on the market, not grayed out, can download it.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
JimmyTheSaint said:
Can it be purchased from Taiwan without Market Enabler?

Yes - you can download the "CN Pleco Chinese Dictionary" free app, then buy add-ons from our website.

DrStamen

秀才
I too have downloaded it with no problem in Shanghai through the market direct to my phone; I was also impressed at how easy it was to download add-ons in-app, and that it remembered my previous purchases.

I would like to know if there is an easy way to transfer my flashcards from the beta to the China market version. I currently have both running on my phone, so exported to xml file from the beta. However, it is taking an insanely long time to import them back into the China market version, even in unsafe mode. (Over 2,500 cards at around 1 card every 40 seconds). It's not the wait so much, but rather that getting through a call, alert or anything else kills the process. Also, it is very easy to accidentally hit the cancel button.

Is there a faster option, e.g. copying over a database file from the beta into the directory of the Chinese-market version?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
DrStamen said:
I would like to know if there is an easy way to transfer my flashcards from the beta to the China market version. I currently have both running on my phone, so exported to xml file from the beta. However, it is taking an insanely long time to import them back into the China market version, even in unsafe mode. (Over 2,500 cards at around 1 card every 40 seconds). It's not the wait so much, but rather that getting through a call, alert or anything else kills the process. Also, it is very easy to accidentally hit the cancel button.

Sure, just copy the "Pleco Flashcard Database" file from /Android/data/com.pleco.chinesesystem/files/databases/ to /Android/data/com.pleco.chinesesystem.cn/files/databases/.

Really not sure why it's running so slowly, though - it sounds like there must be something else preventing the system from efficiently searching your databases. Are both versions of Pleco running at the same time by any chance?

DrStamen

秀才
Thanks for the quick reply! Under this method, will flashcards with user dictionary entries make it across and populate the user dictionary in the new app? And I guess flashcard profiles won't?

As for the speed, I had a similar experience when importing the xml from my windows mobile pleco to the android beta, so I don't think the issue is due to having two copies running. (The phone is a Galaxy S GT-19000 running 2.2.1). I got around it then by exporting a number of smaller xml files by category. No biggie, as such a large import is a rare occurence. Apart from the speed issue, the linking of cards to dictionaries etc went very smoothly.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
DrStamen said:
Thanks for the quick reply! Under this method, will flashcards with user dictionary entries make it across and populate the user dictionary in the new app? And I guess flashcard profiles won't?

You'd want to move your user dictionary databases too - they'll be in the same folder. Profiles do transfer over since they're stored in the flashcard database.

DrStamen said:
As for the speed, I had a similar experience when importing the xml from my windows mobile pleco to the android beta, so I don't think the issue is due to having two copies running. (The phone is a Galaxy S GT-19000 running 2.2.1). I got around it then by exporting a number of smaller xml files by category. No biggie, as such a large import is a rare occurence. Apart from the speed issue, the linking of cards to dictionaries etc went very smoothly.

May just be an issue with XML imports, then - we'll investigate.