could not search for certain pinyin

Hi,

I have the complete pack for Pleco and i think it is a really awesome software.
One thing that is bothering me, when i tried to search using the pinyin word luxing (trip/holiday), the search results does not come up with the correct meaning.
However the word entry is in the dictionary when i manually went through it but does not appear when i keyed in the pinyin. I notice every word with Ü does not turn up in the search result
Help?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
jamcmaster said:
Hi,

One thing that is bothering me, when i tried to search using the pinyin word luxing (trip/holiday), the search results does not come up with the correct meaning.
However the word entry is in the dictionary when i manually went through it but does not appear when i keyed in the pinyin. I notice every word with Ü does not turn up in the search result
Help?

That's actually a different Pinyin syllable from "lu" - you should either enter it as lüxing (tap-hold on the 'u' key to enter a ü) or lvxing (v = ü in our system).

mikelove said:
jamcmaster said:
Hi,

Help?

That's actually a different Pinyin syllable from "lu" - you should either enter it as lüxing (tap-hold on the 'u' key to enter a ü) or lvxing (v = ü in our system).

ah.. that solves it! :)
thank you so much for the awesome work! am looking forward for more dictionary in the future!! a really awesome product :mrgreen:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
jamcmaster said:
ah.. that solves it! :)
thank you so much for the awesome work! am looking forward for more dictionary in the future!! a really awesome product :mrgreen:

Thanks! Glad you're finding it useful.