Crash after font install

Wan

榜眼
Hi forums,

I just downloaded this file (Hanazono font) from here (ctext.org), extracted it to /sdcard/ and installed HanaMinB.ttf from within Pleco. Now when I run Pleco, it instantly crashes, providing a generic “We’re sorry! Pleco crashed, please try again” message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks
Wan

edit:
Deleting /sdcard/Android/data/com.pleco.chinesesystem/files/fonts solved the crashing problem, but still leaves the question unanswered, how to install the desired font. Any ideas?

addition:
I put the font files in /system/fonts and hope that Pleco will be able to use them if ever I look for characters from the CJK extensions A to D.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Deleting /sdcard/Android/data/com.pleco.chinesesystem/files/fonts solved the crashing problem, but still leaves the question unanswered, how to install the desired font. Any ideas?

Sorry about that. Unfortunately, Sony Ericsson does some very weird things with their font drivers that cause a lot of problems like this - the funny missing characters in ABC Pinyin are another example, they rearrange character codes in the text we draw in the wrong order so it ends up with missing characters. Anyway I'm afraid that aside from switching to another phone there isn't much that can be done to fix this, but we do need to make it easier to uninstall the font if it causes a crash.