Create flash cards in Pleco and export it to Anki

Tyrael

I have the following in mind: create flash cards in Pleco with the following fields: expression, pinyin, translation and sentence. Then I would like to export the deck to Anki. Is this possible?

Is there any guide available that explains the process and the possibilities?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Tyrael said:
I have the following in mind: create flash cards in Pleco with the following fields: expression, pinyin, translation and sentence. Then I would like to export the deck to Anki. Is this possible?

The translation and sentence aren't currently separated - we keep the examples inline with the definition so that you can see what particular "sense" of the word the example is attached to - but if you don't mind combining those, you can certainly export word lists in a format that should be importable into Anki.

Tyrael said:
Is there any guide available that explains the process and the possibilities?

Not for that (we don't mind people doing it but we're not exactly going to write up an elaborate tutorial for how to use Pleco with somebody else's flashcard system), but basically you'd just want to use the "Export Cards" command to dump your word list to a file, then import that file (which is just tab-delimited text) into Anki.