Database for English>Cantonese

Is there a database that can be used for Pleco with gives an English>Cantonese translation in Jyutping or Yale?

Or is possible to convert a DB to make it Pleco-readable. Like, Wakan has Chinese DB which includes also a Jyutping romanisation.

ipsi

状元
There isn't one currently, but you could, in theory, convert one yourself. However, as it stands, the tones wouldn't appear as you might want, as Pleco would assume they're Pinyin, not Cantonese Romanization, and yeah. It wouldn't look pretty. :(

Aunty

举人
What about ccdict?

I would be happy with tone numbers instead of marks for Cantonese, in fact I prefer the numbers.

Last week I switched focus from Mandarin to Cantonese, and I'm really missing being able to use PlecoDict. :cry:

ipsi

状元
That's the problem - Pleco, as far as I'm aware, doesn't know that there's anything but Pinyin, and if it sees numbers in the pronounciation field, it will assume you're giving it Pinyin, and convert the tones accordingly. As far as I'm aware, and Mike may pop out of nowhere to prove me wrong, there's no way to stop it converting tone marks as it stands. While you could deal with that, it wouldn't be very nice I don't imagine. I, at least, find the tone marks good as they're a visual representation of the tone in many ways, and if I was learning Cantonese, I'd find it pretty distracting.

kRutOn

ipsi said:
That's the problem - Pleco, as far as I'm aware, doesn't know that there's anything but Pinyin, and if it sees numbers in the pronounciation field, it will assume you're giving it Pinyin, and convert the tones accordingly. As far as I'm aware, and Mike may pop out of nowhere to prove me wrong, there's no way to stop it converting tone marks as it stands. While you could deal with that, it wouldn't be very nice I don't imagine. I, at least, find the tone marks good as they're a visual representation of the tone in many ways, and if I was learning Cantonese, I'd find it pretty distracting.
This would work fine for Yale Romanization (assuming 5 is a no-tone mark in PlecoDict):

ma1 -> mā
ma2 -> má
ma5 -> ma
mah4 -> màh
mah2 -> máh
mah5 -> mah

Of course, I assume this person wants Jyutping...