dependency between different test types - feasable?

kiraven

举人
hi all,
I am a long time Anki user and taking a deeper look at pleco flashcards now.
I started playing around with flashcard settings and created the following setup:

I have to profiles, one for "recognition" and one for "production".

The recognition profile should train me in recognizing my vocabulary. It’s using "self graded" SRS with "prompt for recall quality". It shows Audio and Character, and prompts for the definition.The production profile is using "fill in the blanks" SRS. It shows the definition and asks, at the moment, for the characters. As they test different stuff, each profile has it’s own score file.

Passive recognition is easier than active production. Production includes that I know what character has which meaning, and learning and remembering how to write which character is easier and quicker when I already know it’s meaning. Thats actually why I separated it, like many people, and created the two profiles.

Therefore, I only want to appear a card in production if it’s already learned in recognition. My first idea was to filter the cards by score in the production profile, but I noticed that it is not going to work as the score filter filtered by the production score, and not, as intended, by the recognition score. The next step was to read the complete flashcard manual - I read about the score-based subject selection and where happy.

After some tries, I knew that score-based subject selection would not enable me to implement my layout. First, it is not possible to continue to train to define and use a word , if you reached the specified score only production would be used. That’s inherent in the selection type and probably okay. The main problem is that I am not able to change the test type according to the score and fully use the features. For production I liked to use the fill in the blanks combined with handwriting, it fits perfect. But for recognition self graded is apt and fill in the blanks unusable, as you can not type in a definition.

Anyone any ideas how I could implement my scenario? :)
(And if it’s not possible at the moment, please implement complex filters or another way :D )

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
kiraven said:
Anyone any ideas how I could implement my scenario? :)
(And if it’s not possible at the moment, please implement complex filters or another way :D )

Support for selecting different test types in alternating / score-based subject selection is high up on our to-do list and should hopefully be out in one of the March 2.3.x updates (in which we'll be trying out some new features we're working on for iOS 2.3). In the meantime, the only option I can think of would be to have two profiles sharing the same scorefile with a "card filter" set to limit the range of card scores that were included - you could alternate between test types that way.