Device ID question

harimin

Hi,
I just moved from my Palm TX to Softbank X01HT (HTC Hermes/Dopod 838Pro). I already switched my license from the Palm to
the HTC. When I switched the license, my Softbank was using the Schap's 3.54c custom ROMS. My question is if I install newer
version of Schap's custom ROMS such as version 3.60a or 4.00, will the Device ID of PlecoDict will be changed or still the same???

daniu

榜眼
Hi!

My question is: why care ... afaik you can just get a new keyfile if it does not work any more ...
just go to myorders ...
is that correct, Mike?

regards
Daniel

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Well yes, but that only allows you to change once every 3 months at present, any more often than that and you have to send us an e-mail and wait for a reply. Which could be annoying if you, say, want to re-flash your ROM and then go study some Chinese.

In all likelihood the ID will change, we haven't done any testing on this with the custom ROMs but on most HTC devices the ID does seem to be different after a ROM update; there's no way we can filter this out, since Windows Mobile just provides us with a single manufacturer-supplied unique ID code (scrambled so we can't tell what the text of it is), and how that code is generated is up to the manufacturer and beyond our control.

ldolse

状元
I notice the device ID changes if the AKU number changes significantly. It changed from AKU 2 to 3, changed again on WM6. Not sure if the AKU on the WM6 ROMs has changed substanstially enough to cause a device ID change. What I do is keep the various key files I've generated for the different ROM's - name them with as much version info as you know about the ROM. If you upgrade you can try the keys you've already generated for similar level builds. This has saved me a couple times from sending that email.

harimin

Idolse,
thanks for your info. Last night, I installed the new Schap's ROM ver 4.01 for HTC Hermes.
I found out that my device ID was changed. I think the next step is to contact Mike for the
new license key.

When I upgraded my HTC universal a long time ago from WM5 to WM6 my decide ID changed indeed. Therefore at that time I had to mail pleco to renew my key. I still use the same HTC and tried out several different roms to try to find the suitable one for me. The one im using now gives me the same device ID as the original WM6 rom I put on a year ago. So I could easily install plecodict again without requesting a new key.

In my case: wm5 -> wm6 ' ID changed'
wm6 rom -> wm6 rom 'ID unchanged.'