dictionary selection at top and bottom

I get no utility out of being able to select the dictionary at both the top and bottom. I'd like to simply leave it on PLC most of the time. On my Galaxy Note, the extra place to choose takes up 20% of the space that would be available to show more from the definition window. I'm attaching a screenshot that also illustrates the problem I raised in another thread where English input no longer automatically switches the lookup language from Chinese to English.

Since it would be annoying to be emailed every time there's activity on the user interface feedback thread, I'm putting this interface issue in a new thread. I again recommend Tapatalk so that Pleco users can track forum issues in a mobile way. Tracking and participating on the forum from a phone is quite difficult.

Attachments

• SC20120210-135728.png
    SC20120210-135728.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 880

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
JimmyTheSaint said:
I get no utility out of being able to select the dictionary at both the top and bottom. I'd like to simply leave it on PLC most of the time. On my Galaxy Note, the extra place to choose takes up 20% of the space that would be available to show more from the definition window. I'm attaching a screenshot that also illustrates the problem I raised in another thread where English input no longer automatically switches the lookup language from Chinese to English.

Reasonable request - to be honest we mainly designed that interface around tablets since we weren't expecting very many users of phone-sized devices like the Note to go for it (particularly not in portrait orientation).

JimmyTheSaint said:
Since it would be annoying to be emailed every time there's activity on the user interface feedback thread, I'm putting this interface issue in a new thread. I again recommend Tapatalk so that Pleco users can track forum issues in a mobile way. Tracking and participating on the forum from a phone is quite difficult.

We're going to investigate it at some point, but we simply have too many projects right now for me to ask anyone to spend a day sorting that out.

mikelove said:
Reasonable request - to be honest we mainly designed that interface around tablets since we weren't expecting very many users of phone-sized devices like the Note to go for it (particularly not in portrait orientation).

Portrait works very nicely if you use font sizes that some people will consider too small, but that are fine with me. It's landscape mode that doesn't work on my Note: the definition window is just too narrow. So definitely worth being able to suppress that extra dictionary button.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
JimmyTheSaint said:
Portrait works very nicely if you use font sizes that some people will consider too small, but that are fine with me. It's landscape mode that doesn't work on my Note: the definition window is just too narrow. So definitely worth being able to suppress that extra dictionary button.

OK - it's about 3 lines of code, just have to wait for the next minor-update-that-isn't-a-super-urgent-bug-fix. Per my other post the Galaxy Note is our second most popular device at the moment, so well worth playing around with some things to accommodate that form factor.