document reader background colours

Is it possible to change the background colours in the Document Reader? All I can find is something to change the colour of the tone marks. (I know there's night reading mode, white on black, but that's not what I'm looking for. ) If it's not possible to change the background colour now, is it something that you might add later? I ask, because it makes my eyes water if I stare at a white screen for more than a few minutes.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Quebeckerin said:
Is it possible to change the background colours in the Document Reader? All I can find is something to change the colour of the tone marks. (I know there's night reading mode, white on black, but that's not what I'm looking for. ) If it's not possible to change the background colour now, is it something that you might add later? I ask, because it makes my eyes water if I stare at a white screen for more than a few minutes.

Not possible, but quite easy to add - have you tried turning down your phone's display brightness, though? That would have pretty much the same effect as a darker background.

scykei

榜眼
If it's possible, try to integrate a brightness slider into Pleco too. :D I've seen some apps have this feature built into the software, like iBooks and certain web browsers. It's really handy.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
scykei said:
If it's possible, try to integrate a brightness slider into Pleco too. :D I've seen some apps have this feature built into the software, like iBooks and certain web browsers. It's really handy.

This is actually an Android thread, but good point - Apple only added the ability for apps to do this in OS 5 (before that it was an iBooks exclusive feature) but now that they have we ought to find a way to let people use it.

Thanks, Mike. Yes, I've adjusted the brightness on my tablet, but I still find the screen too bright in Pleco. I hope 'easy to add' means 'quick to add.'
I'm really enjoying Pleco for Android, but would like it even more if the background could be changed.

scykei

榜眼
mikelove said:
This is actually an Android thread
Ehh, I actually noticed that for once. I was just pointing out that I've seen apps making use of this feature on iOS. 8)

Supaiku

举人
Extended Controls has a Notification bar button that allows you to change the brightness on the fly, even from in another program (via the notification bar). No need to put something like that in Pleco.

I've just downloaded Beta 7 and the background colours for the Document Reader are there. I'm so pleased.
Thank you, Mike. I never thought it would be this quick.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Quebeckerin said:
I've just downloaded Beta 7 and the background colours for the Document Reader are there. I'm so pleased.
Thank you, Mike. I never thought it would be this quick.

No problem! (90% of the code we already there, we just had to connect a few things together)