Downloaded to SIM

AJB

I purchased a package and it downloaded everything into the SIM card. Now when I open PLECO, it says there are no dictionaries, and the only option is to close the program. Does anybody have an idea what to do?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
AJB said:
I purchased a package and it downloaded everything into the SIM card. Now when I open PLECO, it says there are no dictionaries, and the only option is to close the program. Does anybody have an idea what to do?

Go into the Android "Settings" app and tap on "Storage" - how much free memory does that say you have? If it's more than 50 MB or so then the problem is most likely with your internet connection rather than a lack of storage space; see:

http://www.pleco.com/androidextfiles.html#basic

("Install Basic Data Files") for an alternate way to install Pleco's data files without using your device's internet connection.

Also, is your device an HTC Evo by any chance? Have you installed an expansion SD card (little flash memory chip you put in it to increase its storage memory)? There are widespread reports of files randomly disappearing on SD cards on Evos (not Pleco-specific - seems to happen with almost any app), so if that's the case let us know and we can help you move the files over to the phone's internal memory instead (where they'll hopefully work better).