editing entries

huangqi01

I am trying to figure out how to edit current entries. I have read the manual, and I think it says it is possible, but must be doing something wrong.

Once a character is "up", I hit modules-> and add/edit custom entry. This only brings up a blank form (e.g. Simp, Trad, Pron etc)

I can at this point, add a new entry (custom) but I want to modify the current dictionary entry. Is this possible? If so how? Also I would like to do this on my desktop, is this possible..?

thanks

-Jason

renovator

榜眼
It sounds like you are trying to edit the existing dictionary entries. I don't believe that is possible. As far as I know, you can only edit your user (USR) dictionary entries.

When I find an entry where I want a different definition than the one found in one of the standard dictionaries, I use the same headword characters to create a user dictionary entry where I can then enter a different definition. The easiest way to do this is once you have the headword you want, highlight it,then hold stylus on highlighted text, select copy, open modules>Add/Edit Custom Entry, hold stylus in Simp: box and select paste. That way you will be assured of having the Character(s) you want there.