examples in flashcards not showing on note 1 but do show on note 10

baiyadang

maybe there is an easy answer to this, but I have not been able to find a way to fix it. I have matched all the settings in both devices, and still my phone will not display example sentences which are very useful to me. Does anybody have any idea what this could come from, or am I doing something terribly stupid? Thanks in advance for your help.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Go into "Card Text" and set "Definition Sections" to "Defns + Examples" - that will get them to appear.

baiyadang

thanks so much for the quick reply. I do not find the 'Card Text" section, though - are you referring to the 'Categories' section in 'flashcards'? If so, I do not see any section that offers 'Defns + Examples'. I apologize for the mundane question, but it's driving me crazy.

btw, Pleco is my favorite app.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There's an option for "Card Text" in Flashcards also (same "Review Flashcards" screen) - farther down.

baiyadang

I don't see it! I took screen grabs of all screens that it may be in... :(:confused:

13539939835_ca54b0ab94.jpg
13539933095_ffeb3dc1c2.jpg
13540271424_6c9dedfeda.jpg

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Tap on 'Review Flashcards' in that second screen, you'll see a "Card Text" options panel in there.

baiyadang

ahhhhhh, got it. The problem was that I was currently testing - so that screen didn't show that option. Only after I canceled did that option show up! Many thanks for your patience and help.