Export licenses?

Hi Mike,

I just switched from an old iphone to a new Android and got my Pleco set up there; everything's great so far except when I did my first export today (I'm a long-time anki user so there's no way around it for me, I'm afraid), I noticed very few of the cards exported with the definitions I had originally selected. I know for sure the guifan didn't export, but I'm not sure what the sources for the definitions are. So my question is which dictionaries can currently be exported on Android, and if there are plans to update the licenses for the other dictionaries? Failing that, is there some sort of workaround? I'd rather not have to go back to my slow iphone (and carry another device around), but I really need access to all the dictionaries, especially the guifan.

Thanks for your help.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Unfadeable said:
I just switched from an old iphone to a new Android and got my Pleco set up there; everything's great so far except when I did my first export today (I'm a long-time anki user so there's no way around it for me, I'm afraid), I noticed very few of the cards exported with the definitions I had originally selected. I know for sure the guifan didn't export, but I'm not sure what the sources for the definitions are. So my question is which dictionaries can currently be exported on Android, and if there are plans to update the licenses for the other dictionaries? Failing that, is there some sort of workaround? I'd rather not have to go back to my slow iphone (and carry another device around), but I really need access to all the dictionaries, especially the guifan.

They should all export now - we got rid of that restriction a while ago. Are you sure you'd actually enabled the option in Export to export dictionary definitions?

Thanks for the quick reply, Mike. I definitely have that option selected. I just tried exportin again, this time without "remap if forbidden" selected, and it looks like it's just the guifan entries that are missing. I'm using a Galaxy Nexus on Ice cream sandwich running Pleco 2.3.14 if that makes any difference. Thanks for checking into it.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Unfadeable said:
Thanks for the quick reply, Mike. I definitely have that option selected. I just tried exportin again, this time without "remap if forbidden" selected, and it looks like it's just the guifan entries that are missing. I'm using a Galaxy Nexus on Ice cream sandwich running Pleco 2.3.14 if that makes any difference. Thanks for checking into it.

Hmm, looks like a bug in our key generator script - thanks for pointing it out. Should be fixed now, so go to Settings / Manage Registration / Clear Registration Data and then reactivate your purchases again and that should get Guifan to export correctly.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Unfadeable said:
Thanks, Mike, worked like a charm. Appreciate you taking the time!

No problem - we actually made that change on iOS almost a year ago but never got around to updating the equivalent script for Android.

Well glad I could help find a bug, albeit a very minor one given I'm the only person who has come across it in over a year! :lol: