External keyboard functionality feature requests

psucom

举人
I frequently use Pleco with an iPad and an external keyboard (Apple’s magic keyboard). The keyboard works fine for typing in Pleco, but it would be great to have more integration of various functional keys.

Reader:
  • I like to turn on the setting that advances the position of the popup menu when tapping the sides of the screen. It would be nice if the arrow keys on the keyboard could be used for this.
  • It would be nice to be able to use the space bar to pause/resume the text-to-speech once it is activated.
Flashcards:
  • It would be nice if the enter key could be used to advance to the next card as an alternative to tapping “next card” on the screen. This is mostly of interest in the “fill-in-the-blank” prompting for pronunciation. It is noted that enter does work for checking the answer.
  • In the fill-in-the-blank for pronunciation, it would be nice if the prompt automatically advanced to the next block upon entering a number. Typing the tab key works, but it would be nice to not have to constantly use the tab key. This may be too cumbersome to implement relative to the benefit it provides. Indeed, using the tone numbers displayed on this screen performs this advancing function, but being able to just use the keyboard (minus the excessive tab keystrokes) would be a helpful feature for me.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks - this is in the works for our big update (keyboard support is actually more driven by Mac but of course it'll help on iPad too).