Feature request auto replay of flashcarts

alexkid

Dear Pleco programmers,

thank you very much for this amazing product. It helps me very much to get along with my daily life in China and with my Chinese studies.
However i have some things that i am missing especially in the leaning section e.g. the flashcards:

1. Auto Learning:
It would be perfect to have some Kind of auto learning feature in the flashcards. For example show the definition for 3 seconds and then automatically show the Pinyin or the character for another few seconds. Then automatically pleco goes on to the next flashcard.
Some configuration for the time duration would be perfect and have this as well working with spaced repetition so that "not so well known" flashcards are shown more often.

2. Two way Audio (English, Chinese, German… ) and support in the flashcards
This together with feature number one. Would offer us a quickly remember new words without the need to write them only by listening.
3. Full sentence flashcards (preferable with audio)
Together with feature number one this would offer us to have a simple audio studying machine.

4 Accurate stroke recognition / Or stroke by stroke flashcards

I love to use the fill in the black feature, for studying Chinese characters. However the recognition works "too good" even if I mess up the stroke order pleco will recognize the right character.

Thank you for the great work
Alex

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks!

alexkid said:
1. Auto Learning:
It would be perfect to have some Kind of auto learning feature in the flashcards. For example show the definition for 3 seconds and then automatically show the Pinyin or the character for another few seconds. Then automatically pleco goes on to the next flashcard.
Some configuration for the time duration would be perfect and have this as well working with spaced repetition so that "not so well known" flashcards are shown more often.

This is possibly the single most popular flashcard feature request at the moment - funny, actually, since prior to a year or so ago we heard scarcely a word about it. Anyway it should definitely be happening in one of this year's updates.

alexkid said:
2. Two way Audio (English, Chinese, German… ) and support in the flashcards
This together with feature number one. Would offer us a quickly remember new words without the need to write them only by listening.

Also coming, we licensed a pretty nice English/French/German/Spanish/etc text-to-speech engine to go along with our new Chinese one.

alexkid said:
3. Full sentence flashcards (preferable with audio)
Together with feature number one this would offer us to have a simple audio studying machine.

What would "full sentence flashcards" mean, aside from text-to-speech? How would we change our system to better accommodate full sentences?

alexkid said:
4 Accurate stroke recognition / Or stroke by stroke flashcards
I love to use the fill in the black feature, for studying Chinese characters. However the recognition works "too good" even if I mess up the stroke order pleco will recognize the right character.

Another popular request - we've been talking to the people we license our handwriting recognizer from about coming up with a better system for this, actually.