Feature Request: Badge count for daily repetitions

jlnr

进士
I try to do 100 flashcard repetitions every day, and I would love to see the # of remaining cards on my home screen (Pleco is in my dock row, of course :)). "Daily routine" apps usually have that kind of functionality.

Now, this is probably at odds with how Pleco's spaced repetition works right now: I always have ~3000 cards to go in my session and always just cancel it after 100 repetitions. But maybe it will fit in more naturally with the reworked flashcards module? I wish I could somehow limit it to "10 to 150 cards per day".

jiacheng

榜眼
I think this is a great idea, but it might not be that straightforward for those who have multiple test profiles. I personally have 13 profiles (5 scorefiles) that I actively use. I'm thinking that maybe each profile could have a toggle as to whether or not it would be reported in a notification or shown on a badge. Since a badge usually only shows a single number, the simplest way that comes to mind would be to show the total for the day of all included profiles on the badge and then give a more detailed per profile breakdown in a system notification. And maybe a card would only be counted once per scorefile if it happens to occur in multiple profiles.

Sorry for making it so complex.

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The profile / scorefile system is going to look rather different in our flashcard revamp, we think, so this distinction may matter less once that's ready.