[Feature request] Implementing Backward button on Popup dictionary

anhnha

举人
Now there is only forward button so you have to cycle through a long list of dictionaries (more than 10 in my case) to come back to something that you accidently missed.
I understand that you can use long press and select the dictionary that you want but I think backward button is more convenient.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Why not just tap on the 'go' arrow button (leftmost button in the top bar) to pull up a screen where you can scroll through all of the definitions?

anhnha

举人
Probably it's the button with arrow symbol inside a square. It's on the top right side of my phone. That works but that a bit goes against the purpose of a popup dictionary as you want to keep staying on the same page that you're reading. Switching to a different one like that is a bit distracting. The popup dictionary is nice but like sometimes you switch between the dictionaries too fast so you passed the dictionary that you want to check. You soon realized it and you want to go back to just one or two dictionaries before the current one in the popup. Now you can only cycle the whole list of dictionaries to back to what you want to see. Using long press and selecting is slow and not that convenient as moving backwards one or two places.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I understand, but to be honest that interface is already kind of overwhelming and I'd be reluctant to add yet another button to it for something that we're not seeing a whole lot of requests for.

However, at whatever point we add more customization support to that screen, we can certainly consider making next/previous dictionary cycle buttons an option you can add.