Feature request: Move interface down to avoid paste notifications

Hi, I was hoping that with iOS 16 paste notifications would be made optional, but unfortunately they are not. If you ask Pleco to check your clipboard for Chinese text, they appear all the time. I wondered if you had considered a setting to move the whole interface permanently down so that the notifications never get in the way of the interface. On my phone (XR) that would mean the interface starts right below the current bottom of the search bar. A radical solution, but one that for me would make the interface more usable. Thanks.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hi, I was hoping that with iOS 16 paste notifications would be made optional, but unfortunately they are not. If you ask Pleco to check your clipboard for Chinese text, they appear all the time. I wondered if you had considered a setting to move the whole interface permanently down so that the notifications never get in the way of the interface. On my phone (XR) that would mean the interface starts right below the current bottom of the search bar. A radical solution, but one that for me would make the interface more usable. Thanks.
Sorry, when are they appearing? They should only be appearing on startup or if the clipboard changes - if they're appearing all of the time (as if it's constantly checking the clipboard for new text) that's some sort of a bug, we can detect if the clipboard has changed without triggering that notification. Are you using the latest version of Pleco?

Nevermind! I found that in iOS 16 the notification can be swiped away, making it easier to deal with. Also, I realized that I can access the search function by pressing the keyboard key in the bottom corner or by having the keyboard show on startup even when the notification is blocking the search bar (before, the main annoyance was launching the app to look up a word and having the search bar obscured by the notification for a few seconds every time).

The notification currently shows for me three times: on launch, when opening the clipboard reader, and when returning to the home screen (oddly enough).

I also realized I don't use the function as much as I thought I did so I might just turn it off...

Thanks for the reply anyways. I appreciate your work as always. Your app is the the most valuable one on my phone.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The notification currently shows for me three times: on launch, when opening the clipboard reader, and when returning to the home screen (oddly enough).
We do access the clipboard on return to the home screen because that's how we can detect whether it's changed when you reopen (those can't be as reliably tracked as changes while the app is in use); however, it should only show if we haven't accessed that particular clipboard yet and if that clipboard didn't come from our app.

Ah, I see. Well that one doesn't really matter anyway because it doesn't get in the way of anything. In my testing right now the notification always shows upon return to Home Screen unless I copy something in Pleco while using the app.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm, that's odd then - I'll check if there's any way we can avoid that one check at least.