Fix for Beta Expired Message

ipsi

状元
Wups. Might have been a good idea to at least warn people if the beta period is nearly over? Just so they're not surprised if they're not near a computer. Anyway, works fine for me. :)

chinacry

"plecobeta" and "beijingkaoya"? I downloaded and replaced the exe, but I'm still getting the beta expired message. Don't waste your time! I'm looking forward to this next release!

chinacry

And, no sweat Mike, this is the kind of stuff we agreed to when deciding to play with the beta versions. Thanks for letting us have a preview.

daniu

榜眼
chinacry said:
And, no sweat Mike, this is the kind of stuff we agreed to when deciding to play with the beta versions. Thanks for letting us have a preview.

Hey ... don't get him wrong ... Yeah - you get all the time you need but we are indeed waiting :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Beta 4 should be out on Monday, all we have left to do is a clean-up of the preferences screen and some general debugging. But basically everything works now, from configurable hardware button commands to bookmarks and pop-up definitions in the document reader to flashcard search/modification.

For all it is worth, here is my two cents worth.

I am not pushing for a faster release date of the beta because I am hoping a longer wait translates into a more complete feature set and improved stability.

daniu

榜眼
Hi!

I knew everybody is on standby :)

Just one thing: how complete will the flashcards be with this Beta ... Might there be any changes yet, definitely not, maybe? Will this Beta come with a translation tool for PD 1?

So far I did not shift to the new flashcards system because I do not want to have any hazzle with this ... But that also means that I did not test the new system. If I am not the only one than the new flashcard system is less tested than the rest.

regards
Daniel

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The schema is pretty much complete, but we're probably not going to release a converter tool nor recommend that people move their flashcards over until shortly before the finished release. The reason for that is that we're still doing a lot of work on several of the dictionary data files, so the entry ID codes which flashcards link to in those files are going to change between now and the finished release; hence, even though the database format will likely stay the same, your flashcards would end up linked to the wrong dictionary entries.

And sfrrr, no idea yet on the time of day, hopefully earlier rather than later since I'm flying off to China on Wednesday and would like to start packing ASAP :D

Macca

I think Beta 4 will be the point at which I get involved here. I was too hesitant with previous beta's as they seemed more like alphas. Anyway, I can't wait until Monday as this is going straight on to my PDA first thing!

Shadowdh

状元
its coming out, yeeeeessss.... looking forward to it mate... Have a good trip to China too, funnily enough I will be in the Beijing area with the family for the next couple of weeks but will miss you customer meet up....