Flashcard - Add Comments

I have only had Pleco for 2 days and am having great fun. Plenty of aha moments at how easy it is to navigate the interface. I started creating my first set of flashcards earlier today based on Tuttle's Learning Chinese Characters book. Each character in the book has a simple / humorous story to assist in remembering the character. It is similar to James Heisig's method, however there is an additional component in which tones are represented by one of four different characters (i.e. giant, dwarf, fairy, teddy bear). I'd like to be able to annotate each flashcard with the story from the book. In this way I could learn new characters without having to constantly reference the book. Is there any way to do this?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not possible now, but under consideration for a future release - ideally we'd like to make it possible to add these to regular dictionary entries too, but that complicates the design a bit, so they might initially be for flashcards only but extend to other areas of Pleco later. All sorts of interesting potential in this, actually - online sharing of notes, annotating documents (really good with online sharing - no need to consult an English translation for that tricky sentence in 红楼梦 if some other person has already written a helpful explanation for it), closer integration with textbooks, but something that needs to be thought through pretty carefully first.

Okay Mike,

Thanks for replying. It sounds like you have this one in hand and we can look forward to some great functionality in a future release. I like your idea of extending the product by leveraging online sharing / social networking. The ability to do this from within the application opens up some really interesting opportunities.