Flashcard configuration the koreth way

toniri

Hi all!

I have been using the flashcard feature in Plecodict V1 extensively but never got around to really familiarize myself with the system in V2. Now, that I have an examination coming up in January 2011, I read through all the documentation. Headache!

What I want is the 'koreth system'.

Quote 1:

>>I want a smooth progression of time between reviews, so I have a lot of ranks -- 13 -- and fairly aggressive movement: 2 correct in a row goes up a rank and 2 incorrect in a rank moves down 3 ranks. My spacing values are 1, 2, 4, 7, 11, 15, 21, 30, 45, 68, 94, 141, and 211 days. By the time a card gets to rank 13 I only see it once or twice a year.<<

Quote 2:

>>One other thing I do that I think makes testing more effective: I vary what I'm being tested on as cards move up in rank. In rank 1 I'm shown the Pinyin and definition and have to write the word. In rank 2 I'm shown the characters and have to say the word and the definition. I alternate those except for ranks 6, 8, and 11, where I'm just shown the definition and have to write the characters and say the word.<<

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=614 (see post no. 4)

The two quotes above outline the major points I want to achieve: 'repetition-spaced' and seeing a variety of different cards (head, definition, pronunciation) during one session.

First I thought that this shouldn't be to difficult to set up in V2. Just set repetition-spaced as the preferred testing method, adjust the scoring to match the desired aggressiveness (reading scores as ranks, a score of 100 equals 1 rank) and then adjust 'define score range' to 100, 200, 400, 700, 1100 ... (see second quote) and assign head, definition and pronunciation to it.

After a bit more thinking I figured that this doesn't work at all.

While koreth will see a change of what he is tested on after every second correct review in a row, I will soon get the cards shown for 4, 7, 11,... times before a change of what I am tested on occurs.

So this doesn't work at all. I am a bit disillusioned now and don't know how to proceed. Any ideas how to achieve my two major points?

Toni

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
What you'd want to do is set the manual scoring system to increase by percentages instead of by flat numbers of points - Advanced Settings / Scoring / Scoring system to "Manual," then Raise "by" (for example) "75" "%" after "2" correct "in a row" - that'll increase the score by 75% each time you answer the card correct twice in a row, so it'll go from 100 to 175 to 306 to 536 to 938 and so on. You can then configure your display settings around those numbers.