flashcard file is lost on my iPad...

Hi all, new to this community and new to Pleco, but so far very impressed. Congrats Mike on an outstanding product. Particularly looking forward to the Spring iOS update that will include the Collins dictionary (?).

My issue is with the flashcards add-on: I uploaded a simple text file to Pleco flashcards on my iPad (test run v2.txt) just to see if I could. A short list of a dozen individual characters, nothing special. I used the "upload from computer" facility (plugged my iPad address details into my PC web browser) and imported the file with no coding problems or whatever.

The problem comes, however, when I go into "flashcard testing" and go to "card categories." No sign here of the file/category and therefore no way to use it for testing.

Grateful if anyone could help me out with this. I initially thought it might be an issue with card duplication, but tried turning on the allow "duplicate cards" switch under settings, and no joy here. So really no idea what's going on. The file is visible under file manager >> documents and import >> choose file, but I can't use the damn thing...

Thanks in advance.

LTTG

tsr

秀才
I'm new to this community myself, so I might not be on the right track with my answer.

late to the game said:
The problem comes, however, when I go into "flashcard testing" and go to "card categories." No sign here of the file/category and therefore no way to use it for testing.

When I import a simple text file, my cards default to the "Uncategorized" category. From there ("Organize Flashcards") I can select cards and move them to a different category to be used for flashcard review.

gato

状元
You have uploaded the file into Pleco, but have you imported the file into the flashcard system yet?

Worked it out - you need to put // [name] at the start of the imported file.

I think that defines a category for the file in Pleco, so you can find the cards when you go into Flashcard Testing >> Card categories.

Happy to provide more details if people are having similar problems :D .