FLASHCARD FUNCTIONS

ozinchina

Hi Mike,

Due to failing battery I have just reloaded the updated version 2.0 with some of the extra features. This with help from a friend. WOW what a difference.

Firstly I'd like to say thinks for all the great new stuff. Just got used to the old version now need to start all over again learning about the new features and dictionaries but have thoroughly enjoyed using the dictionary while Studying Mandarin full-time last year and look forward to discovering all the new extras.

However, I'm having trouble with my flashcards. I can add them and view them in 'Manage Flashcards' but only once have I been able to view a session. Don't know what I did so cannot repeat it.

I get this Message 'No flashcards found. Please check your test settings and try again. If you keep getting this message, tap the Manage button, select your current profile and reset to default. I have nothing listed here. I'm not sure I understand the use of 'profiles'

Appreciate your help and will continue to play around until I figure it out.

Regards
Penny :D

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You're very welcome! I'm glad you're liking the new version so far.

Profiles are basically just collections of flashcard settings, used to make it easy to alternate between several different testing modes without having to go through and tediously reconfigure all of those checkboxes etc.

To do that profile reset it mentions, look at the top of the main flashcard screen (the one with New Flashcard Session, Manage Flashcards, etc on it) - there should be a pop-up list to select a profile, and a "Manage" button next to it. Tap on that "Manage" button, then select your profile (first and probably only one in the list) and tap "Reset to Default."

If that doesn't help, you can try resetting your configuration manually - go into the "Advanced Settings" screen, is "Card Language" set to "Chinese-English" or "English-Chinese"? It should be "Chinese-English." And if "Card Selection" is anything other than "Random," change it to "Random" and see if that helps.

ozinchina

Hi Mike,

I really am loving the new version and can't wait until I am more familiar with it.

I have just sorted out my problem and came back to post and found that you have given me the explanation I needed. Took me two hours but I finally found the Card Language and changed it, then went back to check it that was indeed the problem.

So thanks for confirming it for me. I do need to read the instructions over a few times before it all sinks into my my sometimes very slow working brain. Although I didn't find anything much to help me in the manual. It was just chance that I finally got to screen and gave it a try. I must have accidentally changed it earlier because I did have the flashcards working once.

Got to work on backing up my cards now. I'm always loosing them when I have a flat battery which is way too often.

Can't thank you all enough for so many marvelous extra and especially the dictionaries. There was just so much vocab missing on the early basic version.

Cheers
Penny :lol: :lol:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No problem! And you're very welcome! We've really come a long way since that old version, yeah.