Flashcard interface feedback

I've just started using flashcards, but wished to share my impressions anyway.

1. It would be good for the flashcard list to have search bar without having to click search, then doing many clicks in the search form, then clicking "Search now". My usecase is searching for pinyin in a category, a live search bar like in dictionary would be great.

2. Easier ways to handle multiple categories per word. I have separate categories for words for which I want to learn characters and another category of words for which I want to learn pinyin. Of course they intersect.

However there's no way to assign multiple categories from the Dictionary tab (instead long-tapping will let select a new default category) and from the Live Reader.

Briefly all my wishes are having to do fewer clicks across the board :)

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
1) Already in the works, though not sure yet if it'll be quite that live since it's a tough thing to pull off in a user database. (especially for definition searches)

2) You could configure the duplicate handling behavior in Settings / Flashcards to be "Card Info" instead of "prompt"; with that, you'll be taken directly to the Card Info screen from which you can add multiple categories a lot more efficiently by tapping the green + item in the category list.