Flashcard profile question

dcarpent

榜眼
I'm a bit confused. In the manual it says that under Flashcard Testing -> Profile there should be the options of Simple, Weighted, and Space Repetition, but what I see is Default, Characters and Pinyin. Why? I started looking at the profiles when I noticed that I was being shown the same flashcards over and over again, even when I got them right. I have a deck of c. 200 cards and have it set to show me 40 per session, but rather than show me new cards from the 200 I see the same cards many times. In a given session of 40 almost all the cards are the same ones that I saw in the previous session even if I got them right. I clearly don't have the right settings enabled, but I'm not sure what is causing the problem. Any suggestions?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
dcarpent said:
I'm a bit confused. In the manual it says that under Flashcard Testing -> Profile there should be the options of Simple, Weighted, and Space Repetition, but what I see is Default, Characters and Pinyin. Why?

That's odd... those are definitely the options under 'Profile"? Any chance you might have created them yourself at some point (say in an earlier Palm/WM database)?

dcarpent said:
I have a deck of c. 200 cards and have it set to show me 40 per session, but rather than show me new cards from the 200 I see the same cards many times. In a given session of 40 almost all the cards are the same ones that I saw in the previous session even if I got them right. I clearly don't have the right settings enabled, but I'm not sure what is causing the problem. Any suggestions?

Couple of possibilities:
- Go into Card Selection and turn off "Limit # of unlearned" and (if it's visible) "Manage Unlearned."
- Make sure all of your "Card filters" are off
- Make sure "Card categories" includes the correct categories

dcarpent

榜眼
Perhaps I did create these at some point and had forgotten that. At any rate, I deleted them all and recreated three new ones, called Simple, Weighted, and Spaced Repetition, choosing the appropriate default setting for each one (Simple, Weighted and Spaced Repetition from the "Reset Settings" menu), so I assume should be back to the "factory settings," right?