Flashcard Scoring - Configuring Score Subjects / Parameters

In the past few weeks I've become a pleco addict, and now I'm looking to tweak the flashcard experience a bit by customizing some of the settings. However, the settings are leaving me more than a bit confused, so I'm wondering if anyone out there can help me out with some suggestions / advice.

Just to note, by adjusting the settings below, I was trying to spread out the learning process for each card to where, depending on how many times I'd reviewed the card / whether or not I was remembering it, I would get a prompt that would ask me to input the word's pronunciation or to draw the character (with different prompts, depending again on how familiar I was with the card / # of times correct).

Also, I figured that once I'd reached step 6 or 7--not by attaining the specified amount of points, but rather by going through each step individually--I could finally consider that card 'learned'. Additionally, if I miss a card, I want to be penalized through some sort of score decrease. Also, this is my space-repetition profile.

Stage----Prompt----------------Show------------------------Score
-Initial-----Pronunciation--------Headword and Def----------0
-Step 2-----Pronunciation-------Def----------------------------100
-Step 3-----Headword-----------Pron and Def-----------------150
-Step 4-----Headword-----------Def----------------------------300
-Step 5-----Pronunciation-------Def----------------------------450
-Step 6-----Headword-----------Def----------------------------500
-Step 7-----Pronunciation------Def----------------------------575
-Step 8-----Headword-----------Def---------------------------675

Easiness Change:
-Quality 1: -10
-Quality 2: -5
-Quality 3: -2
-Quality 4: -1
-Quality 5: 4
-Quality 6: 6

Initial Correct Score:
-Quality 4: 100
-Quality 5: 150
-Quality 6: 200

Correct Score Increase %:
-Quality 4: 100
-Quality 5: 110
-Quality 6: 120

Incorrect Score Decrease %:
-Quality 1: 70
-Quality 2: 80
-Quality 3: 90

Minimum Score: 100

Card is Learned If:
-Score >= 800

My major questions are these:

1. What does the score increase % and the score decrease % equate to exactly? Regarding the above, if a card had a score of 300, and I answered it correctly (quality 5), how would the score be calculated? Would it be 300 * 1.1?

I've experimented with it a bit, and if I answer a flashcard correctly (quality 5) 6 times in a row with the above settings, the increase % is ~173%. If I miss a card on the first try (quality 2), and answer correctly (quality 5) on the subsequent 5 times, the increase % on the score of that card for each time answered correctly is only 155%. Why the discrepancy? To note, if I miss a card (quality 2), it seems like there's a general 80% decrease in score across the board with no discrepancies.

2. How could I change the above settings to where, if I missed a card on the first try, but answered it correctly each time thereafter, I could hit each of the above steps only once? (I realize this is most likely only possible through changing the scores associated with each step and with the initial correct score / minimum score / score increase % being adjusted, but I'm so confused as to how to do it!)

In any case, thanks for reading this in advance, and any help or suggestions you can give would be most appreciated / totally awesome.

Thanks!

Re: Flashcard Scoring - Configuring Score Subjects / Paramet

Wow, that's a really nifty little spreadsheet!

I think that pretty much answers all my above questions in the most succinct way possible.

Thanks a ton HW!