Flashcard test based in search results

Hi,
Is it possible to run a flashcards test based on the results of a search, without having to copy the search results in a new category?
For instance, I would like to train on the cards added in the past week, or train on sentences containing 被 (with the sentences flashcards from https://www.plecoforums.com/threads/sentences-flashcards-generator-python-script.6852/), but having to create a new category, configure the search, do the search, batch copy to that category, go back to the test interface and reconfigure the set to be tested is a bit heavy (especially if I have to do it again to update the cards).
I don’t know if it has been suggested for future features, but being able to configure “smart” categories would be great (I just found that it is possible to filter by date in the test settings, but this has to be changed for each test). Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not at the moment, but running tests according to arbitrary filters (which could include a text search or the date a card was created) is something we've done for 4.0.

(we're not calling them "smart categories" because there are a bunch of other behaviors related to categories that would be nearly impossible to duplicate in a smart category, but you can use them the same way - can also create a 'saved search' and have that show up along with actual categories in Organize)