Flashcard testing English/chinese

Ricky1194

秀才
Hi. I searched the manual (it has proved quite useful so far) to change the settings to best fit my testing method. However I am having trouble finding a way to test both English to chinese, and chinese to English/pinyin, using the same cards. It seems like it just continues where u were and doesn't have have an option for, let's say "retest with English". Is there a way to make that happen?

thph2006

进士
I'd like Pleco to do this as well. What I've done in the meantime is created two profiles, one for E-->C, the other for C-->E. It keeps the scoring separate which is good but if I add a category to one profile I still have to manually add it to the other to keep them in synch. If you don't add categories often then it should work pretty well for you without a lot of fuss.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ricky1194 said:
Hi. I searched the manual (it has proved quite useful so far) to change the settings to best fit my testing method. However I am having trouble finding a way to test both English to chinese, and chinese to English/pinyin, using the same cards. It seems like it just continues where u were and doesn't have have an option for, let's say "retest with English". Is there a way to make that happen?

Best way to do that at the moment would be to set up a second profile that covered "all categories" and had a "time filter" enabled in "card filters" to limit to cards "last reviewed" "within" (say) 2 hours - that would let you re-test yourself on the exact same cards without having to fiddle around with updating category choices etc and with the assurance of seeing exactly the same cards you saw in a recent random / rep-spaced / etc session.